Friday, October 3, 2008

San Sebastian

Hey Everyone,
Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed my last blog about Oktoberfest. Today is friday, I believe October 3rd, and I am sitting on a computer in a hostel in San Sebastian, which is an unbelievable beach town in the North of Spain. It is one of the most beautiful places in spain, and is voted one of the top 10 honeymoon destinations in the world. Unfortunately, the weather is particularly bad and raining, but we are still enjoying ourselves and relaxing.
As for my week, I have experienced my first unfortunate events in the month I have lived abroad. I hate to talk about bad news, but this blog is meant for everyone to be kept up with my travels, and mood. I have had broncitis and been pretty ill this week, and cant seem to fight the sickness. On top of this, one of my best friend´s Mom, Johnny Cirelle, has been diagnosed with cancer about 2 years ago and is not doing good. I feel very sad about this, and this has effected my week. If everyone could keep Johnny and his family in your prayers, it would be much appriciated. Also keep me in your prayers, so i can feel better and get back to myself.
This weekend has been perfect for me, I have had time to reflect on my experiences and be appriciative of everything I have, my family, friends, and health(except for the bronictis.) I look outside and see the ocean, although its pouring rain, and feel so grateful to be abroad and be able to experience Europe. When I get back this week to Barcelona, I have a quiz and presentation on Monday, and hope to do very well on them. Also, when we get back Sunday night, it is our house ritual to go to the local irish bar and drink and see Karoke. I have some very funny videos of us seeing songs, and will show you when I get back home.
I will stop updating you on my life, I hope to have a great rest of the trip here in San Sebastian. Also, thanks to Dad and Jon for fixing/mailing my broken camera back to Spain, your efforts DO NOT go unnoticed. Miss everyone, and hope my next update will be filled with positive and happy news.
B

No comments: