Monday, November 3, 2008

WOW

Hey Everyone,
I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. Its unreal, i cant count the weekends untill I depart Barcelona. Really weird/sad to think about. Anyways, I just got home from a final soccer match, and we are ranked number 2 in the league. Next monday night, we will play in the final game, so I will be sure to let all of you know the results. Go Martillos.
So last week ended after all of the midterms, in which I did excellent on. I received A's on all of my midterms, which always makes me feel good. I am glad that I am able to balance such an amazing city with all of the travelling, and maintain my academic work. As for the weekend, I don't even know where to begin. Lets just say it was full of the Barcelona nightlife, which is known as one of the best cities in the world. Thursday night we started off eating/drinking beers at our favorite Irish Pub, Flahertys. I then met up with Lindsay, my friend from Cal Poly who visited me from Rome, and one of her friends Megan. We went for a traditional spanish dinner, which is not my favoite. It was so nice to see Lindsay, and I cant wait to stay at her apartment in Rome.
Thursday night was unreal, we went to one of the nearby clubs called Otto Zutz. I can't wait to show everyone pictures of the nightclubs and discoteques, so big and beautiful. Friday, I spent the day hanging out with my friend Nicole Kegley and her parents, who are visiting from the US. They have been so nice to me, taking me out to several meals and drinks, and it makes me feel like I am somewhat closer to home. I definately wish that my parents could make it out here, but we will have to travel to Europe another time. Friday night, which was the night of Halloween, was amazing. I dressed up as a Peruvian Drug Lord, and had a full beard with shaved designs in it. It was definately an odd costume, and I will be sure to post pictures on the website soon. We went to one of the more famous nightclubs, Sutton, and the place was an absolute blast.
Saturday, Nov 1st, was Arianna's birthday. I really missed her this day, but was with her celebrating in spirit. I spent the day touring out with friends visiting, and then decided to stay in and relax on Saturday night. I definately needed a rest, although it is never fun to sit home in my apartment when I am in Europe. Sunday, I spent the entire day sleeping and watching TV, which most of you know is extremely rare for me. Sunday night I went out with my roommates Max and Nathan to a mexican restaurant, and then to a bar for Karoke and to watch American Football. I also ended up singing Karoke with some girls, TLC "No Scrubs."
Today was the start of the week, and we won our soccer game. This week I have to work on some projects, but it is much more relaxed than the past week. The next few weeks are packed with traveling. I am headed to Sevilla this coming weekend with my program, so I am really looking forward to travelling to another important and beautiful city in Spain. I promise to update in a week, and let you know how the weekend went.
Miss everyone, Happy BDAY ARI, and your all in my thoughts.
-B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Your blog is great, and I know something about the night elves, they are the race I WOW power leveling when I get my first account:The reclusive Night Elves power leveling[ were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft Power Leveling. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. I love this race and suggested everyone that start their WOW power leveling a rogue or druidof night elf